Monday, October 17, 2011

Campus Culture

I really agree with almost everything Lang said, college students don't spend the time that they maybe should be spending being "intellectual." During class discussions they drag on and on because no one has anything to throw into the conversation even though they did the required readings. It gets really old sitting in a classroom that is completely silent because no one feels like talking up, I'm guilty of it myself. Also when it comes to being an intellectual outside of class, I personally think that this doesn't happen often because by the time students are done with classes they are so drained that the thought of doing any extra "work" sounds completely dreadful. I think that students now still have the potential to be intellectual and many probably are but maybe its just not super public. I know that I don't rush back to my dorm and have deep conversations with my roommates on a regular basis, but that also doesn't mean that it never happens, it just means that they can't be forced.

No comments:

Post a Comment